Each order comes with a "candle care" leaflet containing the following important advice to read before burning your candle.
* When lighting your candle make sure you have plenty of time! If your candle is continuously lit for short periods at a time then it may tunnel downwards, causing a wall of wax to remain un-melted at the sides of the container. To avoid "tunneling" make sure that the burn pool reaches the sides of the candle container when first lit. This may take between 1 and 4 hours, depending on the size of the candle. Never burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
* Never leave your candle unattended, and do not move candles when lit. Soy wax is easily cleaned with warm soapy water in case any spillages occur.
* Keep your candle out of reach from children and pets.
* Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm. It's best to trim the wick when the candle has re-set and cooled. Just before lighting your candle again is ideal. Turn the candle on its side so that the sooty wick falls easily out of the candle. Use scissors to trim. Be careful as the soot from the wick can mark furniture, walls, carpets and clothing.
* Light your candle in a location that is draft-free and has a level surface. Candles become very hot and may mark your furniture so it's a good idea to place candles on a protective, heat resistant base. Keep candles out of sunlight and away from direct heat and flammable materials.
* If you find that one side of your candle is melting quicker than the other, then just turn it around 180 degrees.
* Using natural soy wax means that there's a chance of "frosting" on the top of the candle, or that the candle may contract from the sides of the container. This is perfectly normal and will not affect the burning or performance of your candle.
* All my candles are supplied with a safety label on the bottom.
* SOY WAX MELTS: Place a full or half melt (depending on size & depth of dish) into the top of your oil burner. Do NOT add water. Place a lit tea light below, and as the melt melts, the fragrance will disperse throughout the room. To remove the melt, allow to cool & reset before placing your burner in the fridge for about 30 mins. The solidified wax melt should then pop out cleanly. Do NOT eat. Keep out of reach of children & pets.
* TEACUP CANDLES: Leave your teacup candle lit for 4 hours, or until the burn pool reaches the edge of the teacup. When the teacup starts to narrow, reduce the burn time to about 2 hrs at a time. When it begins to reach the bottom of the teacup, only burn for about 1 hour at a time
* HOW TO RE-USE YOUR CANDLE CONTAINER: When the candle has finished, carefully prise the metal wick sustainer from the bottom. You can either place the container in the freezer for a short time to encourage the remaining wax to fall away from the sides, or place the container upside down onto a tinfoil-lined baking tray in the oven on a low heat. The remaining wax will drip downwards onto the foil. Then wash the container in warm, soapy water and leave to dry.